Instructors of 100 and 200-level courses are invited to apply for a course (re)design cohort opportunity that aims to prepare students for excellence. During Fall semester 2019, instructors will participate in a learning community with faculty and staff from Instructional Design, University Libraries, and Academic Learning Technologies to develop or enhance student-centered assignments and activities in order to optimize students’ opportunities to learn.
- Participate in biweekly learning meetings & complete pre-work reading and/or assignments
- Consult with support team members
- Develop course redesign plan, an assessment map, and teaching strategies
- Pilot course redesign within an academic year and conduct evaluations
- Commit to teaching the course in its redesigned form for three terms
- Participate in program assessment activities (e.g. written reflections, peer observations, surveys). Program dates include Program Kick-Off: 8/22, 1:30-3:30; Thursday 9/5; 9/19; 10/3; 10/17; 10/31; 11/14, from 1:30-3:00; Program Wrap-Up: 12/5, 1:30-3:30
- The application period closed on April 22nd. Participants will be notified by April 26th.
Contact: Catherine Frasier Riehle, firstname.lastname@example.org