Held: July 24, 2020, 10:00-11:30 a.m. as part of the Center for Transformative Teaching's July Workshop Series
- Eric M. French, instructional designer, CTT
- Steven Cain, instructional designer, CTT
This workshop helped participants develop their skills at cultivating online discussions. The first part of the session focused on having a good synchronous discussion online by using effective prompts and techniques. The second part focused on asynchronous discussions, using discussion boards. The final portion of the session provided an in-depth demonstration of how to use either the Yellowdig or the Canvas discussion platform.
- Discussion Principles
- Synchronous Considerations
- Asynchronous Considerations
- Discussion Board Orientations (Demonstration of Canvas and Yellowdig)
The presentation was recorded and is available via VidGrid with closed captioning.