The mission of the Center for Transformative Teaching is to collaborate with educators across departments and programs to promote evidence-based, inclusive, innovative, and effective teaching for all learners.
CTT staff provide leadership and support for the enrichment of teaching and learning by focusing on evidence-based pedagogy, best practices, and the appropriate integration of learning technology in online, blended, and face-to-face classrooms.
- One-to-one support for course design and effective practices.
- Support for faculty to implement improvements in teaching and learning environments, to undertake course redesign initiatives, and in using technology as a tool to achieve their educational goals.
- Support for grant proposal development related to teaching and learning initiatives
- University-wide and college/department-specific faculty development programming
- Teaming with faculty in the publication of research based on the implementation of specific teaching strategies
Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking, or the intentional noting of connections; learning naturally results.