The resources below all focus on ways to create a more inclusive and equitable learning environment for students. This includes building positive relationships with students, using inclusive teaching practices in online courses, incorporating diversity and inclusion-related content into course materials, and implementing policies that promote equity in the classroom. By implementing these strategies, educators can create a welcoming and supportive learning environment for all students.
Your time is valuable — CTT instructional designers can help
An instructional designer can …
- Use the Inclusive Course Checklist to review your course and help you make changes for maximum impact.
- Go through your syllabus, Canvas course shell, or content materials and help you prioritize and devise a customized plan for making them more accessible.
- Show you how to quickly and automatically include student support information in your Canvas course and syllabus.
- Research a variety of interventions or teaching strategies to address a challenge specific to your course.
- Customize and facilitate workshops or other training for your department or college.
- Help you or your department create teaching and learning resources specific to your discipline.
Contact an Instructional Designer