The following resources address both online and in-person classes. However, most in-person techniques have online adaptations and if you'd like assistance, please let us know.
- What is plagiarism and how to avoid it?
- Rethinking Assessment of Hands-On Learning
- Specifications Grading
- Small Teaching Strategies
- Using peer review for writing assessments
- Creating more question items more quickly in Canvas
- Best practices for using Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
Resources from other institutions & organizations
- Good, Better, Best: Multiple Choice Exam Construction - Great introduction to writing high-quality multiple-choice items with examples.
- Writing Good Multiple-Choice Test Questions - Vanderbilt Center for Teaching Guide. Similar to the above link, but includes a section on writing for higher-order thinking skills.
- Fourteen Simple Strategies to Reduce Cheating on Online Examinations